In an ongoing effort to improve efficiency and provide better customer service to the citizens of Henderson County, Sheriff Charles S. McDonald and the Sheriff’s Office are happy to announce a new online order and payment system to purchase Handgun Permits. The online handgun purchase permit is located at www.hendersoncountync.org/sheriff .
The new system will provide the following features to those applying for Gun Permits:
- Applicants can now pay for Gun Permits online using all major credit cards or electronic check. If the applicant wants to pay by cash, they may do so in person at 100 North Grove Street, Hendersonville between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
- A computer for those wishing to pay by cash will be set up soon in the lobby to process online applications.
- Applicants are notified of the receipt of the online application, the need for additional documentation and the issuance or denial of the permit via automated emails.
- All orders are given a unique order number to help with reference and tracking.
- Applicants can log into the Sheriff’s website and check the status of their order using their order number, email address and password (created by the applicant during the application process).
- The online system will result in new permit numbers. As required by the current process, once the application is approved, the applicant MUST PRESENT HIS/HER NC DRIVER’S LICENSE OR STATE ISSUED ID WITH MATCHING NAME AND ADDRESS TO THE APPLICATION, IN PERSON, at 100 North Grove Street, Hendersonville between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday - Friday.